Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ahhh, Relief!

Well, I had my endo appointment this morning and all went well!! It is such an amazing relief! The doc is going to get me set up with a Minimed rep in the area to get situated on the pump, and he can help me figure some things out. I am so relieved to have my big mess over with and to hopefully have someone who understands (he has diabetes, too!)!!! I can't wait to get started!

I also can't wait to see what my A1c is going to be! I am trying not to get too excited so that I am not disappointed. It likely will not be perfect, but it HAS to be down from 11.1...it just HAS to! You'll be the first to know when I get the results!

Thank you all for being so supportive of me. It really does mean more than you could ever know!

I also had a very bad low last night and woke up at 4am with an enormous high, but I will save that one for tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzanne. I hope you're recovered from the low. The bad ones can take forever for some of us to start feeling better.

And I also hope that your A1c has seen its high point and started a nice downward slide toward single digits!

Cara said...

I'm glad the endo appointment went well. That's always good. And I can bet that if you are taking any care of yourself at all that your A1c will be below 11. :) I had a 12.1 one time. That was no fun. But I was literaly doing nothing. Testing maybe once a month. Skipping insulin at times. So any care is better than that. ;) Let us know what it is when it comes back!

Bernard said...

Suzanne

I'm so glad you're going to get a pump, those things are transformative.

Be patient with your A1C. You'll probably see a good improvement initially and then it'll slow down some. That's OK, it takes time to get things really under control.

If you can, get a hold of the book Pumping Insulin, it's extremely informative and a good read.

I wish you the most fun setting the pump up and learning all about it.

Sorry about the big low. Sometimes the best thing you can do is have a preset amount to treat lows and resist the temptation to over fix it. That of course is easy to say when it's not the middle of the night and you're groggy AND low.

Mandy said...

Sounds like you've got some really good advice from the above. I just wanted to say that I'm glad you got the support you needed and everything went well! Sounds like you are headed in a really good direction, and I hope it stays that way.

Donna said...

I'm glad all went well at your endo appointment. That relationship is so important. And it sounds like you're off to a good start. That's great.