Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Doctor's Appointment Scheduled!!

Thanks to the most fabulous Ms. MollyJade (who commented on my tudiabetes page: http://www.tudiabetes.com/profile/ThisismySOS), I now have an appointment scheduled with my endo. I thought (and secretly hoped) that it would be a while before I could get in, but I took the first available, which is Dec. 18!! Only TWO WEEKS! Plenty enough time for me to at least get some sugars recorded for him to look at. I suppose I should just do it now so I can see how bad my A1C really is. If I am going to do this, I need to do it right and this is one of the first major steps!! If it wasn't for Mollyjade, who knows how long I would have pushed this off. I probably would have delayed it until after a I had a downward spiral and then gave up...It is so much easier to hear "you need to go" from someone who understands, rather than from a nagging parent!! I have been so happy these past few days that I have been almost brought to tears. I just never imagined I could find support like this. I don't know what took me so long to find it as it is! I can so do this!! :~D

3 comments:

Chris said...

Glad to hear you found an Endo and have an appointment soon. the first time I saw mine (which was only about 3 months ago) it too almost 3 months to get in. Get as many bg readings as you can. It will only make it easier for the Endo to figure out what is going on and how to best help you. Don't worry about the A1c. Whatever it is, now that you are working on it, it will only get better. Make sure to keep us informed on how it goes.

~Suzanne~ said...

Well, I have seen him once before, a little over a year ago. So thankfully I am not a "new patient" or else I am SURE it would have been 3 months to get in! He is really great and very patient. I don't do very well when the doctor's yell at me and threaten me. I know the risks and just need someone to be there for me to rely on, and last year, he seemed as though he was that kind of doctor. What keeps me from going is the fear of being "fussed", but I don't think this one will do that, thankfully!!

Jamie said...

Hey Suzanne, found your site on Tudiabetes.com.

Great that you scheduled a visit - and since you are comitting yourself to improvement, think of this A1c as somthing to improve upon... You might even look forward to your next visit to see how significantly you have improved!!

You can do this!!! and there are lots of us here to give you encouragement!

Best wishes!